Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Lauren Williams. "Skyline"

Lauren Williams. "Brooklyn Bridge"

Lauren Williams. "Passing By"
This past Sunday, I took a trip into Brooklyn, NY along with my mom and my boyfriend for some sight seeing and to walk the famous "Brooklyn Bridge" and it was a very unique experience. I wouldn't necessarily say walking across a crowded bridge was fun, but it was very cool. I did get upset because I don't do well in crowds and when you're waiting for that moment where someones head isn't in your shot, you start to get impatient and a little agitated. I do plan to return before it gets cold and on a day where most people will be working. My favorite photo out of these three would have to be the last one, "Passing By". I was never good at photographing moving objects or lights with a slow shutter speed, and I was intrigued by how fast these cars were 'passing by' so I decided to give it a shot. I placed my camera on a cement wall and used my fingers to angle it but keep it steady and started shooting and this was one of the outcomes. If I had brought my tripod this image probably would've came out better but this was more of a trial and error, so when I do return to Manhattan my tripod will definitely come along with me. Overall this was a very cool experience and I recommend taking the time out of your day to venture out into the forgotten parts of Manhattan and do some sight-seeing.

1 comment:

  1. Great work! You had a very successful photographic journey into the city and I am drawn in to the repeating patterns of the Brooklyn Bridge.

    ReplyDelete