Thursday, December 10, 2015

Lauren Williams                                                                                                                         Prof. Cyr
Digital Photography
Artist Statement

       For a while I have been very indecisive on what photography style I would like to get into because I loved almost everything. I was able to narrow it down to portraits, pet portraits, and concerts. I was never a fan of studios and portraits because I liked being out and about and being almost free, but since we were assigned to do a portrait in class I started to like it. My pets mean the world to me and they're always the first thing I think about if I want to go out and photograph something. I'm attracted to action and life and they bring out the best in my work because I feel like it's very difficult to capture the personality of an animal. As for concert photography, same thing. I love the idea of capturing someone in their habitat, particularly on stage. I really started to get into concert photography right when I started dating my boyfriend who's a drummer in a band and he would have me photograph the concert. I have decided that I would like to focus on portraits of people and animals, working both in a studio and on location. For concerts, I would only shoot when I'm on tour with my boyfriend and his band. 

      I pretty sure I'm on the right path to where I want to be in the future. Doing this final assignment for digital photography has definitely helped with deciding on what I would like to photograph. I've been doing a lot of portraits with both my animals and friends and family. For particularly the final I am doing just pet/animal portraits so I really think that will help me learn more about portraiture photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment